Tuesday, July 10, 2007

the rule of 3...

wow...you never realize how much crap you have until you have to move...this will be my 3rd move in less then 2 years...and every time i have gotten rid of 'a ton' of stuff (or so i thought)...dom and i went dumpster diving again on sat. morning looking for boxes...we were very successful!! (in fact we might have too many haaaaaaaaaaa)...we spent the rest of sat. packing...wait let me back up and start at the beginning of the day...
friday night i picked my car up from the body shop (brad was fixing it before the move to vermont)...as we were driving to meet kev for dinner in shakopee (pablo's of course)...my low oil pressure light came on and told me to stop the engine...i kinda freaked out...we stopped a couple of blocks from the restaurant and turned off the car...we checked the oil and it was fine...i started the car back up and the light wasn't on so i thought maybe the sensor had gone bad or something...well we had dinner with kev and later that night kev drove it to see if the brakes were going on it and the light came back on...so i decided to take it to the dealer on sat. morning....
ok now you have the background info for the saturday story....
woke up saturday morning and called the dealership to get the car in...the guy i usually work with wasn't on so i had to work with someone else...fine...except this guy was not all that friendly with me...i took it in and had a mechanic ride with me to see what he thought...the light came on while i was driving with him (which i was happy about now they had to believe me)...so this mechanic wasn't working sat. he was just there doing some stuff to his car...bob (the service guy i was working with) said he wanted to wait til monday and have steve (the mechanic) work on it since he had ridden with me and knew what was going on...i said fine...they gave me a loaner for free which is one nice thing about the dealer...so i left my car and headed for home...i got home and dominic had been working on getting my gmail account working with my yahoo...so that my yahoo mail would go right to gmail...well he got it figured out but my mail hs to go through charter because yahoo is weird about it...so he got it to work and went to look in my yahoo inbox and there was nothing there...charter saw 25 emails coming at once and thought it was spam and deleted it...(thankfully i had just sorted through my mail the other day and put stuff into folders)...dominic felt horrible...i was upset that i lost everything but i appreciated him trying to get it to work for me and i know it was an accident...so that was #2 for the day...(things come in 3's right?)...it was after this that we found all the boxes...and a bottle of rotari in my fridge...i thought that maybe my 3's were going to end up being good...wellll i was wrong...we went to dinner and came home to my house being 90+ degrees....turns out my ac went out...it tripped the circuit breaker for some reason...(it had done this right after i left and kev got it working again)...we flipped the circuit breaker and nothing...dom went out and took the top off of it and looked inside to see if he could see something wrong...nothing...so we turned the breaker off...turned the air off...let it sit for a bit then flipped the breaker...then turned the air on again...and for some reason it worked...who knows?....so i thought that i was done with the bad...again i was wrong...
woke up sunday morning to yog needing to go pee...i took her out and went to close the garage door on the way back in and it wouldn't go down...crap i thought...tried again...no go...so dom came down and looked at it...couldn't figure it out...steve came over and played with it a bit and couldn't get it to work either...dom got it closed manually and we went to my soccer game...it was the last game i was playing in before the move...i scored a goal...which i was pretty pumped about it was a great one too...(at least i thought so)...after the game we packed a little bit more then headed down to shakopee to pick up some stuff that i had stored at mike's...then off to joy's for a get together she had for dad and shar...we only planned to be there for an hour or so and ended up staying for 6...it was nice though to hang out with them in a chilled atmosphere...
woke up monday and dominic had done some reading on garage doors and he tried some things and got the door to work again!! yeah dom!!!
we did a lot of running around on monday getting things for the send off party that night...didn't get as much packing done as i would have liked but that is totally my own fault...

No comments: