Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother's day weekend

this weekend has been great...i came home thursday to a dozen mixed color roses from dominic's dad and step-moim with a card that said happy mother's day for the mom-to-be...saturday had dom and i doing yard work in the morning...dom mowed the lawn (i tried but i think the noise of the mower was upsetting the little guy because he was really kicking me) so i moved down to a garden that we have in the backyard...the previous owners planted tulips in this garden...
this garden had black plastic edging that surrounded it...it was in bad shape and looked tacky so dom tore it out for me...he has been collecting small rocks and boulders from around our property for me to use as a border....so i put the new rock boulder edging in place, weeded the garden and cleaned it up...here are some pics of what it looks like now...
this next picture is of the herb garden part of the garden...
the weekend has ended with my grandma rene's buttermilk pancakes with bacon, a couple of naps, mom-to-be card from shelly and richard, and phone calls filled with happy mother's day wishes....thank you to everyone

my biggest wish for mother's day was to be able to feel our little guy moving with my hands....while watching tom and jerry this morning in bed with my hands on my belly i felt him a couple of times...dom got to feel it too....i almost started to cry...thank you little guy for the movement!!

No comments: