Tuesday, June 5, 2007

gary, indiana...stinks

well we are on our way out east...we spent a day in chicago getting errands done...i bought a camp towel (didn't even know such a thing existed!)...kinda excited to give it a try...got to be patient will have plenty of time to use it...
anyway...this morning we were up before 6 and moving...dom's back is slowly getting better...(the wine and advil seem to wear off somewhere between 5 and 6 in the morning) so up and at em...dom finished packing (doesn't seem to be as tough for him...hmmm i should observe more closely next time...might help me)
After our necessary stop for coffee at starbucks we were off and rolling...left chicago about 9am and arrived in gary indiana a short time later...yikes...driving through gary brought back memories of road trips as a kid and the jokes we used to make about who farted because the air in gary is very ripe....haaaaaaaaaaa
that's all for now...

oh yeah for those of you that know or have met clifford...he is riding on the dashboard bobbing his head enjoying the ride...pics will be taken and shared at a later date

2 comments:

Laura Briggs said...

I remembered to take the trash out this morning. I was so proud! Oh, that reminds me, I should go grab the mail...

Bonaire Images said...

I can't help but think of
"The Music Man"

Gary, Indiana, Gary Indiana, Gary, Indiana,
Let me say it once again.
Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana,
That's the town that "knew me when."

Sond and lyrics here:
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/gary.htm