Sunday, June 3, 2007

first leg...

as some of you know dominic and i were planning on leaving for our trip on saturday morning...this plan was delayed a day for 2 reasons...the main one being that dom threw out his back moving the keg for the party on friday...and the 2nd...weeellll because i hadn't even started packing as of noon on saturday...no big surprise there for anyone that knows what a tough time i have packing for a week...let alone a couple of months...i always think 'well you never know...you might want to wear this..or it might get warm enough to wear this' makes packing a tough task...that and the fact that i have a tough time focusing haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
anyway, back to the story...
i spent most of saturday packing and getting things sorted around the house...we finished things up on sunday morning...we stopped by mom's on the way out of town for last goodbyes and her famous sourdough bread and choc. chip cookies...(thanks mom)
since dominic threw out his back (which has gotten better thanks to lisa for her amazing chiropractic skills...go see for adjustments if you have never been!!!) i drove to chicago...this is good for me on many levels...1. i usually fall asleep within 10 min. of being in a car (as a passenger obviously)...2. i get bored very easily so driving for 6+ hours teaches me patience (and dom too :-) )...3. i only got a couple hours of sleep due to the fact that i hadn't finished packing so my mind was busy thinking about that...so worried that i was going to forget something...(more on that later)...who knew kev that i was capable of driving more then 1 hour at a time...sorry about that...ha
we got about an hour or so into our trip and my mind was buzzing with all the things i could have forgotten to do or bring with me...
i knew i had ample supply of shorts, t-shirts, underwear, socks, and 4 bottles of bug spray (dad, shar...you know how the mosquitos love me ha)...and then it hit me like a mac truck...i had left the only pair of jeans that fit me in the dryer...arrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh....they were still damp this morning so i put them in the dryer for 20min to finish drying...and left them there....so i made frantic phone calls to both roommates and text messages asking if either of them could overnight ship my jeans to vermont (we'll be there tuesday night) for me so i have something other then sweats to wear out...LOVE my roomies...the jeans will be there tuesday when i arrive...
my mind began to calm down a bit...i started to enjoy the beauty of wisconsin...we were surrounded by dark, looming clouds but the sun was shining down on the impala...as we got onto I90 the clouds seem to form in front of us...before i knew it we were in a downpour...i could barely see out the windshield...we were going about 30 miles an hour...people were pulling over onto the side of the road...(which dominic and i decided was not a great plan since they were still going to be travelling in the direction of the storm anyway)...15 min. later or so we emerged on the other side...the rest of the way was smooth sailing...
we got to chicago about 7:30 tonight and are now just about to fill our bellies with some thai food...yum...

2 comments:

Charityford25 said...

Grrrrrrrrrrr I just wrote you a long post but then realized I had to sign in to post it so I had to re-write it! Oh well, what do you do? ; )
Anyway I am so glad you two are doing this together! I can't wait to hear all about your crawesome (crazy awesome) adventures together!
Dom I am glad your back is better and Kaela nice move on over nighting the jeans! hee hee You crack me up! Talk to you two soon.

Love ya,

Charity

Bonaire Images said...

Hey this is great! Can you upload photos too? I should have given you packing advice:
"Pack your favorite pair of jeans and take a credit card." Haaaaaa

Happy Trails.

Love you guys,
Shelly