Friday, February 1, 2008

countdown...

dad is famous for his countdowns and i started doing my own countdowns to when i see dominic...my new countdown has become one that involves my PICC line...i just finished my first week of meds...im not having the same effects from this med as i did on the oral antibiotics...i think part of it has to do with not having it affect my stomach...who knows...i get sat and sun off from meds...just have to flush my lines...
giving the meds has gone better then i thought it would...i have had some very slight swelling in my upper arm and pain in my neck shoulder area which the nurses said could be signs of something wrong with the PICC line...so on wednesday night i drove myself to the er on the advice of my nurse to get an x-ray and just get the peace of mind that it wasn't the PICC...the signs of something going wrong with the PICC could also be symptoms of the lyme...long story short the dr. gave me the vibe that i was an idiot over-reacting and he didn't give me an x-ray...i left feeling stupid...but im still glad that i went
the nurse is coming this weekend to double check things....

No comments: